Volunteer Manual - VOLUNTEER MANUAL-11-Apr-2022
Your privacy is very important to us. The following policy has been developed to assure you that in keeping with Federal Privacy Legislation – Bill C-6, we respect the personal information that we collect. We consider personal information to be any information that is specific to any one individual.
Purpose – The personal information we collect is for the following purposes:
- Issuing thank you letters and official tax receipts
- Informing you of upcoming events and fundraising activities
- Providing you with information regarding areas of interest to you at the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
- Requesting further volunteer support for the needs of the West Lincoln Memorial Hospital and/or medical related projects
- Recruitment and management of volunteers may include determining eligibility for a volunteer placement, including the verification of references and qualifications
Consent – It will be understood that by having to volunteer with West Lincoln Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, your consent is given for us to collect the following personal information and to contact you as indicated above under Purpose unless notice is provided to us advising otherwise.
Limiting Collection – We collect only the necessary information to serve you, including the following:
- Your name
- Correct mailing address and telephone number
- Information provided by you regarding times of year and/or methods by which you wish to be contacted and/or areas of interest
- Email address to allow us to contact you electronically
- Name and contact information for references
- Emergency contact information
- Immunization information
Security – In order to protect your information, security safeguards are in place including training volunteers in the proper handling of information and signed confidentiality agreements. The Auxiliary does not buy, sell or trade volunteer names at any time.
Access – You have the right to review all of the information we have on file by contacting the Auxiliary’s Volunteer Coordinator to request to do so.
Accuracy – We make every effort to ensure that all of the information contained in your file with us is correct and accurate. We rely on you to contact us with changes in address, telephone number and email address in order that we continue to have accurate information on file.
For more information contact: Fred Lilley, Vice President: (905) 929-9953 or email: